When considering the player that most of the top Premier League sides need a combative box to box midfielder is probably high on list for all the sides. Another side who have been linked with the young French midfielder is PSG. They like the top Premier League sides have a need for an all action central midfielder. All of the mentioned clubs have money to spend because of rich owners or big TV deals (or both).
His price has increased so much over the last year or so for a few reasons. These being:
- His age (22 years old)
- He is already one of the best in his position in the world
- The new Premier League TV deal
- The need for top clubs to get a strong box to box midfielder
- A good world cup
Why all the sides need him:
Manchester United let him leave at a young age, but they have shown an interest to resign him. I personally do not think he is one of those players to go back to a club he left in bad taste. They have lots of money to change his mind though (as long as the get Champions League). (Would he go back to Utd after they didn’t rate him to put him ahead of John O’shea?)
Chelsea have been linked with him and they could really strengthen with a player like him. Buying Pogba could be a masterstroke for them. Magic would hold the midfield, Pogba as the guy who links the defensive side and attacking side together. Freeing up Fabregas to do what he does best as a number 10. The only issue is if they would rather spend the big money on a striker and another centre back (they are good with financial fair play).
Man City and Liverpool would want the player to replace inspirational figures in Yaya Toure and Gerrad who are both coming to the end of their superpowers. The issue here for City is financial fair play, while Liverpool may not qualify for the Champions League.
PSG have the money to buy who they want and they want to get to the next level. A player of Paul Pogba’s calibre is what they are after. It also helps that he is French and young. Their only issue is financial fair play, a big signing without selling half their side could see huge penalties for them in Europe.
Then we have Arsenal (my side). Now listen to the reasoning before judging me. Here are my reasons for why we should go for him:
- Arsene Wenger is a known fan and tried to sign him at 18
- We have no box to box midfielder like him
- This can free up Wilshere or Ramsay to play in an advanced role
- Cazorla wanted out last summer and may decide he wants one last crack in Spain
- Rosicky and Arteta are ageing – Both may go into coaching or leave this summer
- Diaby will not be with next season as his contract ends (Thank GOD)
- If all the above players were to go we would only have Coqulen, Ramsay, Wilshere and Ozil as midfielders
- Ozil normally plays on the wing if Ramsay or Wilshere play
- Wilshere or Ramsay are always injured ruining our season
- The stadium is fully paid off so we can afford to spend big like rivals now
- The defence has been strengthened in January so all thats left is a box to box midfielder and backup striker
- Pogba is young and French
- Wenger will only have 2 years left to make another impact on the league or win that 1st Champions League – He must know what we need by now
I am not saying that he would want to come to us, but for the reasons mentioned I would love to see a serious effort made to lure him. He is the marquee player that we need. I would be willing to spend up to £55mil on him and less if there was to be a player exchange.